Public Transit System
Ben Hill Transit
The Ben Hill Transit System’s current and long-term focus as a transportation provider is on maintaining the best coordinated transportation system possible for this community. Our goal is to create a coordinated system with the objective of providing safe, reliable, timely and efficient transportation services to county residents; fully compliant with regulatory requirements; at a minimum cost to the County and its citizen.
- The point-to-point service requires a 24-hour advance reservation; and a return trip can be reserved at the same time. Call 229-426-RIDE (7433) for reservations.
- The cost for a one-way trip is $3.00 cash. Please try to have exact change. Credit or Debit cards are not accepted. The driver has a Passenger Log and records who rides the van when the fare is paid.
- Ben Hill Transit System Vans carry 12 passengers and are equipped with a wheelchair lift. The service is curb to curb, and the van will wait no longer than 5-minutes if the passenger is not present.
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, or illegal drugs are not allowed on the vans. No eating, drinking or open food containers are allowed.
- Adults must accompany children under 12, and children under 4 must be in a car seat. All passengers must be seated and wear seat belts while the van is in operation.
The Ben Hill Transit System also provides contract shuttle service to and from Senior Centers, nursing homes, health care facilities, hospitals, and doctor’s offices; as well as for shopping and excursions. Businesses interested in providing contract shuttle service for their employees going to and from their workplace should call (229) 732-2291. Purchase of service contracts are negotiated on an individual basis.
Michael Erwin, RMS General Manager, (229) 732-2291
The Ben Hill Transit System operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with The Ben Hill Transit System.
For more information on The Ben Hill Transit System’s civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact:
Or visit our administrative office at:
Fitzgerald, GA 31750
If information is needed in another language, contact (229) 426-5100.
You may also file your complaint directly with the FTA at:
Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator
5th Floor – TCR
1200 New Jersey Ave. SE
Washington, DC 20590