The County Manager is responsible to the Board of Commissioners for the proper and efficient administration of the affairs of Ben Hill County government.
Among his duties are the following:
- To ensure that the governing board's policies are carried out
- Assist in developing those policies and other goals
- Provide administrative leadership to the departments of county government
- Develop and present an annual budget
- Strive for efficiency, effectiveness and innovation in the delivery and funding of services