Fitzgerald-Ben Hill County Chamber of Commerce Executive Director
Fitzgerald-Ben Hill County Chamber of Commerce
Executive Director Job Description
To apply please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (229) 423-1052
By definition the director of the Chamber of Commerce, will be the organization’s chief executive officer. The Executive Director initiates programs to promote activities to advance the general welfare and prosperity of the Fitzgerald-Ben Hill County area and ensure the business community will prosper. The director is responsible for fund raising programs that provide funding to the Chamber. Those funds are then to be allocated to enhance programs provided by the Chamber that support local businesses. The director is the principal, on-sire staff person responsible for coordinating all Chamber project activities locally and representing the community regionally and nationally. When applicable, the Chamber director will work cooperatively on joint projects with other entities as directed by the Board of Directors.
The director must fully understand issues confronting local business and property owners, public agencies, and community organizations. The director must be entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, creative, well organized, and capable of functioning effectively in an independent environment. It is critical that the director unite the interest of the businesses of the area into a comprehensive working organization.
- Work with the Board to develop and present a plan of operation, the annual budget and funding process. Oversee and develop office procedures and manage overhead cost within the approved budget.
- Through working with Chamber members identify long range planning needs of the Chamber and community with the preparation of a program designed to meet those needs. Utilize continuous improvement processes which focus on the achievement of program and community goals.
- Provide the leadership to insure the Chamber functions with efficiency. Consistently promotes the vision and mission of the organization. Identifies and implements solutions to challenges which face the Chamber and community. Recommends changes in the organizational structure and internal operating procedures to the Board of Directors if needed.
- Recruits, motivates and organizes utilization of volunteers withing the Chamber’s community activities.
- Participates with the Board in the development of an annual budget that relates to program goals and objectives.
- Responsible for recruitment and retention of new members to the Chamber striving to meet annually set budget goals.
- Establish strong relationships with Board of Directors and Chamber Members which will motivate members to support personal and financial commitments to the Chamber’s activities and events. Interpret and analyze the needs of members and recommends revisions to programs that will improve services as well as adding value to Chamber membership. Executive Director will assist Chamber members to develop ideas, and create action plans that will promote goals benefiting the members and the Chamber’s ability to represent the members to the best of its ability.
- Represents the Chamber and its membership at appropriate meetings, serving as strong/close liaison with all groups, must be a spokesperson on pertinent issues. Utilizes effective communication skills to encourage development of programs and activities affecting the business community.
MEASUREMENT OF PERFORMANCE
- Budget goals are met
- Member recruitment and retention goals are met
- Project and events meet or exceed set budget goals
- The Chamber has a good image in the community as measured by member satisfaction retention rate, and participation in programs/events.
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Requires job enthusiasm and desire to achieve the organization’s goals
- Strong organizational leadership skills are essential
- Knowledge of budgeting and record keeping
- A college degree in business administration, management or other business related field, or equivalent experience. Must have a minimum of three years in related work experience.