Lawton Lovett, Building and Zoning Director
Welcome to the Ben Hill County Building, Licenses and Zoning Department. We know your time is valuable and we want to make your visit with us the best experience it can be. In our effort to do this, we have made a few things available to you through this site. By doing this, when you arrive for your permits or other services, we can hopefully have all the information to get the process done quickly.
Building/Licenses and Zoning Department provides these services to Ben Hill County Residents:
Building Permits, Licensing for Business, Ordinance Enforcement, Zoning Requests
Forms listed are available through these active links, forms page or at the Building and Zoning office
When Do I Need to get a Permit?
911 Address and Private Septic Permit Forms
- 911 Address Request Form (Fill out top section and submit to Building and Zoning Office)
- Residential Septic / Health Permit Form (If served by Fitzgerald Utilities/ (229) 426-5400)
Permit Application Forms
- Building Permit Application
- Electrical Permit Application
- Mechanical Permit Application
- Plumbing Permit Application